Ernie Hudson Reaches Out To Jason Reitman To Talk Ghostbusters 3
With a new Ghostbusters movie slated for 2020, everyone is trying to figure out who will be in it. Ernie Hudson got all of our hopes up when he claimed everyone was “all on board”, but it turned out that meant support more than it did a confirmation that the original stars were returning to the franchise.
While visiting the set of Spectrum original series “L.A.’s Finest”, the OG Winston Zeddemore was asked by Slashfilm if he had any updates on appearing in the upcoming Ghostbusters 3.
Here is what he had to say:
“I reached out to Jason,” Hudson said. “I’ve talked to Jason. I’ve also had a conversation with Ivan [Reitman] just to congratulate him. They confirmed that the movie is definitely being made, because you know there’s always been rumors with Ghostbusters the last 30 years. What that’ll look like, they did not share.”
“Nobody’s offered me a job, but the reason I wanted to reach out to Jason, I remember him as a little kid on the set of Ghostbusters,” Hudson said. “The fact that he’s stepping into that, I think the fans have been wanting it so no matter what happens, I know it’s going to be a great movie. I really respect him as a filmmaker. Obviously, I’d love to be a part of it but that hasn’t so far presented itself. I know that the movie will be good.”
Hudson did not get any tasty morsels to share with the public about the film unfortunately, but he seems very optimistic about the entire project.
“He didn’t tell me,” Hudson said. “It wasn’t a long conversation but that’s good. Whatever they do, I’m glad they’re doing something. The Ghostbusters fans, I go anywhere in the world, somebody knows I’m there, they’ll come by in their Ghostbuster outfits. For them, I’m very happy it’s happening.”
Ghostbusters 2020 or Ghostbusters 3 (because you know who you’re gonna’ call, but not the name of the new movie) will open in theaters on July 10, 2020.